Thursday, December 31, 2009

OPTIMISM



This year I've learned that to get through life you have to just keep going and look at all the things that the Lord has blessed you with or you'll end up hitting rock bottom and life will be 10x harder. You need to look at what the Lord wants you to learn and who you will become because of your trials and challanges.

Despite 2009 being the WORST year of my life there were some positive things that happened so I'm going to be an optimist :) and highlight the good VS the bad!

1. JennaLynn our beautiful niece was born into the world March 18th
2. We were able to go to Texas twice to visit family
3. Jen (Shawn's sister) and her husband Kiley became pregnant with their 4th child who is due in just under a month. HOORAY!! We can't wait to meet you Brielle!
4. Robbie (shawn's brother) left on his mission to Brazil in March
5. Ashley (shawn's sister) left on her mission to Michigan in June
6. Ryan (my brother) left on his mission to Baltimore just a few weeks ago
7. We hit our 2 year anniversary November 21
8. We have done very well in school
9. Shawn passed his anatomy class the first time taking it!! HUGE accomplishment!
10. We both FINALLY got jobs after almost a year of searching for an actual job and not just a few 10 hr a week jobs.
11. Our nephew Teagan got baptized into the LDS church :)
12. Shawn's intern at EXL Fitness
13. Fun times with friends
14. I got my favorite car a Nissan XTERRA...then I found out its horrible in the snow now it is my least favorite car
15. We both lost weight...then we gained it back over finals haha
16. In February I started doing a girls night every week with my besto girl friend Danielle Bastian and this fall her awesome sister-in-law, Amy started joining us!
17. We moved out of Shawn's parents house. Although we are very grateful to them for their kindness we were happy to move out.
18. If Obama didn't become president that would be on my happy list but he did..damn it
19. I graduated from The Haverhill Institute of Home Staging and Design
20. My little brother graduated from high school. He has learning disabilities so that was a HUGE accomplishment and struggle for him. WHAHOO!!
21. General conference
22. My cousin Scott got married in December
23. Shawn's cousin Jamie got married in June. I got to help with the photography and it was so fun!
24. Having my niece and nephew live upstairs. They are so much fun!
25. I know that I am able to get pregnant...we just don't know why I can't stay pregnant. But it is a huge blessing that I am able to get pregnant. I am watching my besto girlfriend go through so much because she isn't able to. Our prayers are with her!
26. I was able to go to California twice this year. The first time didn't make me happy because Paul and Natalee and my 3 babies were moving there BUT they are moving back!!!! The second time I went I stayed for 2 weeks and partied it up with Aunt Susie, Uncle Rick and Paul and Natalee.
27. I saw WICKED!!!!!!!!!
28. Despite the penny pinching we have always had enough even when we thought we were going to run out and not be able to eat or pay all the bills...we always have and I know it's because we pay tithing. Tithing is such a blessing to us.
29. Spiritual experiences that have strengthened us.
30. Trials that have brought us closer together and matured and strengthened us.
31. Two new temples close by (Draper and Okkur mountain)--exuse the spelling
32. My cousins Clint and Katie, Cliff and Stephanie, Derek and Emily are all pregnant! Clint/Katie with their first, Cliff/Stephanie with their 2nd and Derek/Emily...3rd or 4th I think.
33. The love and support we have of family and friends.
34. I nannied 2 adorable little boys for a semester.
35. I've realized that the Lord knows exactly where I'm at in my life and he's here for me.
36. Danielle Bastian. My best friend and biggest support (next to Shawn). My sister at heart.
37. Shawn quit World Financial Group and changed his major to something he loves and he's finally happy in his work!
38. I changed my major for the third time to elementary education
39. I was a cub scout leader for a few months. Probably my favorite calling thus far.
40. I was just called to be the 2nd councilor in the Young Women's program in my ward (over the beehive class)...hopefully this stays on my happy list.

So despite all the negative I came up with a great list of positives. I hope this next year's positive list is 10 miles long and we are able to turn things around. I am so grateful for my wonderful husband! He is such and inspiration to me and I love him with all my heart!!

3 comments:

Nick and Dani said...

You made me cry. :S Last night was a wonderful girl's night. I'm so glad that I have a *sister* like you.:)

Kevin said...

haha you swore. :) but seriously i like obama. :)

Unknown said...

Jessica! I haven't talked to you in almost 2 years! How has this happened? It's great to see your blog and you have such an amazingly long list of things to be happy about from this year. I just love the feeling I get when I read through things that make me happy. I'm so glad you and Shawn are doing so well!