This quote has really put things into perspective for me. I've felt like lately that because I married young I didn't have a lot of experiences that most young people have and it has really started to bother me. I think I kind of hurt Shawn's feelings because it made him feel like I regret getting married (which I don't at all!). I just started to feel like I never had the chance to go out and experience the world and "find myself." I had a good talk with Shawn and he assured me that going out and doing crazy things wasn't the way to find yourself and that people that do that never really do "find themselves" so they just end up confused etc etc. I felt a little better but was still envying those who have that. I saw this quote when I was looking at blog buttons today at work and it was like a little light bulb turned on in my brain! It is so true. Ya, I got married young and only lived the young and free college life for a short time but God has something different and much better in store for me. I look forward to "creating myself" instead of trying to find it. I will "create" a much happier, friendlier, and kinder me with experiences in the amazing life I have been given. I love my husband and am grateful for his love and patience with me.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Life
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
This quote has really put things into perspective for me. I've felt like lately that because I married young I didn't have a lot of experiences that most young people have and it has really started to bother me. I think I kind of hurt Shawn's feelings because it made him feel like I regret getting married (which I don't at all!). I just started to feel like I never had the chance to go out and experience the world and "find myself." I had a good talk with Shawn and he assured me that going out and doing crazy things wasn't the way to find yourself and that people that do that never really do "find themselves" so they just end up confused etc etc. I felt a little better but was still envying those who have that. I saw this quote when I was looking at blog buttons today at work and it was like a little light bulb turned on in my brain! It is so true. Ya, I got married young and only lived the young and free college life for a short time but God has something different and much better in store for me. I look forward to "creating myself" instead of trying to find it. I will "create" a much happier, friendlier, and kinder me with experiences in the amazing life I have been given. I love my husband and am grateful for his love and patience with me.
This quote has really put things into perspective for me. I've felt like lately that because I married young I didn't have a lot of experiences that most young people have and it has really started to bother me. I think I kind of hurt Shawn's feelings because it made him feel like I regret getting married (which I don't at all!). I just started to feel like I never had the chance to go out and experience the world and "find myself." I had a good talk with Shawn and he assured me that going out and doing crazy things wasn't the way to find yourself and that people that do that never really do "find themselves" so they just end up confused etc etc. I felt a little better but was still envying those who have that. I saw this quote when I was looking at blog buttons today at work and it was like a little light bulb turned on in my brain! It is so true. Ya, I got married young and only lived the young and free college life for a short time but God has something different and much better in store for me. I look forward to "creating myself" instead of trying to find it. I will "create" a much happier, friendlier, and kinder me with experiences in the amazing life I have been given. I love my husband and am grateful for his love and patience with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really love this post. Your insightful thoughts are very inspiring. I think alot of people feel the way you do and there are times in my life where I have "lost myself" and it helps to know its about creating each day that makes us who we are.
Thanks Jessica.
The frustrating thing is those who aren't married young are doing crazy things to forget about how lonely they really are--the married and the single are just bound to be jealous of each other. Fiery darts of the adversary--they'll get ya no matter where you are in life.
You make me happy--I liked this post.
Sis,
I LOVE THAT QUOTE. I loved your candidness and the fact that you shared your thoughts and insights with all your friends. I think that people of all stages have the feelings that you do at some point in life. I find myself many times feeling like I have lost all sense of "me" and who I am in being a mom and taking care of my children's needs especially since they are so young. That quote is inspiring for me as well. Creating ones self is a never ending beautiful process. I must remember that. I haven't lost me, I just need to refine and love the me I am now and I am learning to do that. I love being a mom and when I have time I love the "me" I have become and have so many things I want to learn and do.
Hugs Jess, you're the best!!!!
Post a Comment